J. Danie Roy, Q.C.
Danie Roy, Q.C. is originally from the Chaleur region of New Brunswick. She did her undergraduate studies at the Université de Moncton and pursued her Master of Litigation and Conflict Resolution at York University in Toronto, Osgoode Hall Law School.
Coming from a family for whom community and social involvement are a way of life, she has focused her career on working with and helping people. Her passion for people is the foundation of her practice.
“When you have respect for people, you build trust and make it easier to find solutions.”
Respect - that's the key word. For Danie Roy, Q.C. the individual is worthy of respect. And everyone has the right to be included in discussions that concern them.
Danie Roy. Q.C. is also a very committed volunteer. For her, it is a way to give back to her community. Here is a partial list of her commitments:
- Chair, Board of Directors of the New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission
- Treasurer and Secretary, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Atlantic Institute
- Member, Codiac Regional Policing Authority
- Member, Board of Directors, Heart and Stroke Foundation of New Brunswick
- Member, Law Society of New Brunswick Examining Committee
- Past Chair of the National Health Law Section (CBA)
- Past Chair of the Provincial Health Law Section (CBA-NB)
- Past member of the New Brunswick Judicial/Lawyer Liaison Committee
- Former member of the Board of the Canadian Bar Association - New Brunswick Branch